Home / Scientific activities / Articles / Royal Flowers Palace

Royal Flowers Palace

    Located in the western part of the city of Baghdad in the Harthiya area, the Palace of Flowers is now a parking lot in the Peace Palace built in the 1990s. The palace was built at the farm of Harthiya, which was bought by the Iraqi state to build a palace for the royal family. The palace was built in 1350 AH (1932). The palace was designed by the English architect, James Molson Wilson, who was then the architect of the government. The work of the palace continued until the year (1352 AH / 1934 AD), and was disbursed at the time of about (150 thousand dinars), but Mania realized King Faisal I (1921-1933) before the construction of the palace, (1939) with his wife, Queen Alia, his cousin. The queen did not move with his sisters to the Palace of Flowers. They remained in the Royal Harem Palace. After the death of King Ghazi in a car crash on the road between the Flower Palace and Harithiya in April 1939, High lived the palace with her little son, King Faisal II, and her sister Princess Abdia, who was related to the little king, and became a mother and mother After the death of his mother, the young king and his aunt the princess became slaves to the palace of Al-Rehab. Since then, the Palace of Flowers has become a source of misfortune for the royal family, especially by Prince Abdul-Ilah, because of the death of the king. Ghazi and the Queen are high in it, and then used as a palace to receive the guests of the Iraqi state, hence the official name of the palace (great guests). The Palace of Flowers was not bombed during the army attack on Al-Rehab Palace on the morning of 14 July 1958, Culture and Information for a period in the seventies, and at the end of the year (1411 H / 1 991), the palace was used by the Department of Cinema and Theater to be a site for the filming of the Iraqi film King Ghazi. The Palace of Flowers remained until early April 2003, when it was completely bombed by American enemy planes. Because of the complexity in the form of the outer palace through the use of different towers, which comprise the basic elements in the facade of the palace in addition to the forms of windows and balconies surrounding the palace made the palace look amazing, it can be said that the palace resembles one of the English villas that were built by nobles in the outskirts of the countryside British.
Planning the palace:
    The palace building surrounds large areas of beautiful gardens where all kinds of beautiful flowers were planted, and this may be why it is called the Palace of Flowers.  The palace consists of two floors, the ground floor consists of a number of halls of official use, such as reception hall, dining room and throne room, and these halls were connected to each other entrances.  As for the halls on the ground floor, including the large reception hall for the reception of the guests, waiting to enter the Throne Hall, and then the Throne Hall, a large hall prepared in the center of the northern side of the wall in the shape of a nook in the wall, decorated by a decorative frame from the outside, Twenty-one ribs, and the dining hall, a large hall reserved for a hundred people sitting at the dining table. The upper floor consisted of eight wings, each with a living room and attached bathroom, and finally a large bedroom suitable for kings and princes.
Palace Building:
    The main facade of the palace consists of two floors and the wall of the roof (curtain) was built with a load and cement and worked columns of concrete and is divided into four sections and as it comes (Table 51). The first section, which begins from the southwestern corner to the second section, is a wall that contains a rectangular window that leads to a straight contract topped by an agrarian decoration enclosed between rectangular ribs. The window itself has a window similar to that of the first one, but the work of the architecture is to construct a semi-circular decorative arch Aesthetic in the view of the façade. At the beginning and end of this section, Mayazib descends from the roof of the palace to the surrounding floor.
    The second section depicts the two sides. A frame that highlights the facade wall in the center of the upper part. The emblem of the Iraqi monarchy is topped by a mast that was raised by the flag of the Iraqi state at the time. This section is the main entrance to the palace, topped by the slogan of the Iraqi monarchy. It is divided into four square columns of concrete, two semi-columns, built on the front wall of the league style, based on square-shaped bases covered with black marble. Each crown is crowned with a circular crown with a half-circle. Cement in the form of shoulders confined by barriers or iron galaxies arranged in parallel to the spaces between
The third section corresponds to the first section in terms of detail, which makes the facade beautiful and consistent.
    And the fourth section is a cylindrical tower form ends with a strip of two parts, the first is smaller than the second and crown tower tiles of red color pyramid, and built inside the ladder spiral, and the tower contains six rectangular windows in the Altoya in height according to the rotation of the heluzni inside, each of which is confined inside Rectangular frame The upper rib works in the form of an arch to follow the pattern in the decoration of the façade, and descends from both sides of the tower from a strip of barge to the floor around the palace.
    The northern façade consists of two floors and a curtain wall divided into six sections through the progress and retreat of the walls of the facade wall.
    The first section starts from the northwestern corner and this part is in the shape of a rectangle and the height of the two floors and the curtain. The wall is distinguished in this section by half a ribbed tower consisting of three walls, the first and the third is smaller than the second by dimensions. The first and third walls were designed in the form of two windows And the second was on the first floor and the distance between the two windows was narrowed with agrarian motifs confined between a decorative strip decorated with grooves. The second wall opened a straight-framed window on the ground floor and on the first floor was the window with a straight contract. Nate extended in subsequent palace, it has Tarmh built-like Tarmh the main facade of the palace is based on its roof on the six pillars of the league and in the style worked the first floor terrace with a barrier similar to the balcony barrier in the western facade ..
    As for the second section, which consists of two floors and the curtain of the roof opened in the walls of the ground floor, the size of the dome decorated with a decorative bar protruding from the wall is characterized by a semi-circular arch, and the sides of the windows are smaller, and the wall of the first floor contains the details of the same ground floor and decorated the curtain with three rectangles confining The second, third and fourth sections are decorated with a barrier built of convex columns. Above them, a bar was built, columns were built and the strips were made of cement.
    And then to the third section, which is a square shaped tower and ends with another tower similar to the first tower, has opened an entrance on the ground floor heading straight contract, the entrance of the above with a decorative strip in the shape of a semicircular arch highlights the wall, the first floor opened a window to go A straight necklace adorns the top of the window with a decorative strip in the shape of a semicircular arch that accentuates the wall, and the tower ends in a pyramid surrounded by red-colored tiles.
    The space between the two towers opens on the ground floor of the wall. The entrance is a semi-circular one, framed by a decorative strip that protrudes from the wall. In the center of the contract, the decoration of the ribbon represents the key of the contract, which protrudes from the floor of the ribbon. , And the first floor wall has a balcony with a barrier similar to the first balcony in the front and an opening in its southern wall, topped by a rectangular tower that ends with a gable filled with red tiles and two windows facing each other.
    The fourth section consists of two floors and a curtain for the roof of the palace and came parallel to the second section of the facade.
    Then the fifth section consists of one floor and the curtain of the surface begins section and ends with a rectangular loophole topped by a square square shaped with the emblem of Iraqi property, opened between the two windows a large window headed by a semi-circular, framed by a decorative bar protruding from the wall in the center of the contract decoration bar, And the curtain on the floor of the tape, while the curtain for the surface of the ground floor was designed to rise in the middle of the Gabbanha and slightly curved.
    Finally, the sixth section, which is also composed of two floors and a curtain for the roof of the palace, came symmetrical to the second section of the facade.
    The southern façade is composed of two floors and a curtain of the roof, divided into eight sections through the progress and retreat of the walls of the wall of the facade.
    The first part, which starts from the southwest corner and consists of this section in the shape of a rectangle and the height of the two floors and curtain, and highlights about the wall in this section half of the tower polygon consisting of three walls and the first and third smaller than the second dimensions, the walls were designed to be deaf and windowless and ends The half of the tower is semi-hierarchical and is covered with red tiles. At the end of this section an aerial tower (chimney) emerges. This confirms that the palace was painted behind this section, and on the sides of the polygon part were two windows. The first opened on the ground floor and the second opened on the first floor. Which are decorated with agrarian motifs Isolated between a decorative strip embossed grooves.
And the second section, which stands out from the façade, has two windows, the first opened on the ground floor and the second opened on the first floor and the distance between the two windows is decorated with agrarian motifs confined between a decorative strip decorated with grooves and what distinguishes this section is an incomplete pyramid shape highlights the wall above the window on the first floor Gulf Balkramid.
    And then to the third section and consists of a rectangular shape and the height of the two floors and the curtain, which is similar to the second section, but it pleases him inside the facade.
    The fourth section, which is preceded by a gallery (Tarma), is based on six pillars of the periodic style distributed in a column on each side of the tarmac and then two columns in the middle, opened in the northern wall three windows crowned each half a circular ring framed by a decorative bar protruding from the wall In the center of the contract, the decoration of the ribbon represents the key of the contract and stands out from the floor of the ribbon. The first floor is presented by a balcony with a barrier similar to the balconies’ barriers in the palace. In its northern wall, three windows are crowned with a semi circular circular frame. Which represent the key to the nodes stand out from the ground of the ribbon, Gulf end of this section Balaqramad with red color.
    And the fifth section is a square tower shape, has opened an entrance on the ground floor goes straight, the entrance of the above decorated with a decorative bar in the shape of a semicircular arch highlights the wall and in the center of the contract decoration ribbon representing the key of the contract stand out from the floor of the tape, It opened a window with a straight line at the top of the window, with a decorative strip in the shape of a semicircular arch that highlights the wall, and the decoration of the key of the knot protruding from the floor of the ribbon.
    And then the sixth section, which is preceded by a gallery (Tarma) is based on two columns of the periodic style and semi-columns on the sides, opened in the northern wall three windows crowned each of them a semi-circular and framed by a decorative bar protruding from the wall in the center of the contract decoration bar represents the key to the contract stand out from And the first floor is presented by a balcony with a barrier similar to the barricades in the palace. In its northern wall, three windows were opened, each crowned with a straight bar framed by a decorative strip protruding from the wall wall in the center of the contract. Al-karamid.
    And the seventh section and highlights this section of the southern façade includes two windows first opened on the ground floor and the second opened on the first floor and zoomed the distance between the two windows with agrarian motifs confined between a decorative bar decorated in the style of grooves and what distinguishes this section the presence of a pyramid shape minus highlights of the wall above the window on the first floor Gulf Balkramid.
    Finally, the eighth section of the façade consists of half a ribbed tower of three ribs. The first and third ribs are equal in distance and are decorated with windows and decorations. A window has been opened on the ground floor, with a straight and one on the first floor leading to a semi-circular, semi- The wall in the center of the contract The decoration of the ribbon represents the key of the contract stand out from the floor of the ribbon, the second rib opened a window on the ground floor goes straight and the other on the first floor is headed semi-circular and framed by a decorative bar in the shape of a semicircular arch highlights the wall and the center of the contract decoration Sh The rim represents the key to the necklace protruding from its floor, and above this decoration the square-shaped decoration was perhaps enclosed within the agrarian decoration. The annex of the palace is located in the eastern part of the palace, which is surrounded by rooms on the north, rooms and rooms on the eastern side. And then the roof of the building that was tiled and attached to the cement tiles (the stakker) and the surface of the surface was laid towards the mazes distributed on the facades of the palace.
    Finally, the outer wall of the palace was surrounded by an external wall with a gate on one side of the western side built a military barracks for the guards and to protect the palace.
by
Dr. Nabil Abdel Hussein

Check Also

The fact of monotheism and illusion of polytheism at the Arabs of the island before Islam a historical study.

The study of monotheism is one of the most important subjects because it is the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *